We specialise in helping expats with their UK tax returns as well as a whole host of other issues. To discuss how we can make your life easier, get in touch.
With a team of qualified professionals experienced in UK tax we can also advise on tax planning for those who are departing the UK to live overseas, but who have business operations in the UK. This includes insight into business structure and registration for companies that want to set up in the UK.
We can help with International Tax issues such as;
- Inbound and outbound investments
- Importing and exporting goods or services
- Mobile employees
- Cross-border disputes
- Foreign branch/subsidiary creation
- Transfer pricing
- International e-commerce
- Global transaction structures
- Double taxation agreements and relief
- Tax-efficient ownership structures
- Repatriation of profits
- Withholding taxes and tax clearances
- Controlled Foreign Companies planning
- Managing enquiries from local and UK tax authorities
Living and working overseas as a British expat often doesn’t mean you can simply forget about UK tax. When you leave the UK you should advise HMRC of your departure, and if you have a recurring source of income such as money from a rental property – you will need to look potentially at UK Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax particularly if the asset portfolio is over £1 million.
For many expats this means new forms, tax returns to be completed each year with filing deadlines to be met and often the need to consider the interaction of tax systems in more than one country. Welch & Ellis can help remove the headache and ensure UK tax is one thing you don’t have to worry about.
We also offer:
- Tax planning advice, including advice on your tax residency
- Preparation of accounts for taxpayers who are operating their own business
- Assistance to ensure income is properly taxed and not over-taxed
- If you’d like to talk further, please get in touch for a free, no obligation proposal.